Saturday 1 December 2018

Subject: Self Introduction (Final) 

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Ong Yan Xiang, one of your effective communication class student. Currently, I am a year one engineering student pursuing a degree in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (SIE Building Services). I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic in 2016 achieving a diploma in Integrated Facility Management with a Fire Safety Manager Certification.

During this three years of studying in polytechnic, I had slowly shown interest in my course as I am curious how buildings operate from a day to day basis and due to the global warming issues how could I solved this threatening problem and thus decided to join (SIE Building Services) after my National Service to complete my education journey. I wish I am able to create a green and energy saving infrastructure that able to protect the Earth without compromising the comfort for human beings.

My hobby is to surf the net and do research, this helps me to gain knowledge. With that information, I am able to improve myself by learning through other people mistakes. It is very important to take care of our body thus I go to the gym with my buddy during our free time. I love to do Muay Thai too. Muay Thai has shaped and boosted my confidence level and teaches me how to be humble and have self-discipline. I learn Muay Thai as I like to fight and have the ability to protect my loved one.

I have plenty of weaknesses in communication, I have a lot to learn. Being raised in a mandarin speaking family, I really have a bad time communicating in English. Public speaking in the crowd is one of my fears, I will feel anxious and start stuttering. Having a low self-esteem have to lead me to zero confident level and hate socializing with other human beings. I am extremely bad in English language and have difficulties comprehending when reading, I will get either F9 or E8 for my English examination.

For my strength, I am only able to communicate well in Mandarin. I am able to lend a listening ear but unable to communicate well with other people. I had difficulties delivering the message across to the listeners.

My first goal is to able to communicate well confidently in proper English. The second goal is to able to write well with zero mistakes in my writing.

Yours Sincerely,

Ong Yan Xiang

1 comment: