Monday 10 September 2018

UNIT#3 TASK#2: REFLECTION

For the past two decades, I am living in the shadows everyday. I used to have very low self esteem.  I was a very quiet and shy boy. Since young, I had obesity, got ostracized in school and hurtful nicknames were bombarded to me.

This had cause me to become more negative and starting to hate facing or communicating with strangers This problem has lead me to have very bad socializing skills and unable to communicate well with other people. Most of the time thinking that I am not worthy and not good enough.

This problem had lead me to have no confident. I was afraid to speak up and all the problems I encountered was stuck in my head and I am unable to get help. I am doing not so good in school and afraid to approach to teachers when I have questions. I dislike to be in the crowd and prefer to be alone.

As time passes, I had met new friends and started to be more open and trying to be more socialize.
Until today, I still dislike crowd and unable to communicate well with other people. My low self esteem is slowly improving but still lack of self confidence however I will try my very best to overcome it one day and be a better person.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this very honest self reflection, Yan Xiang. It's interesting that you focus on low self esteem, which is an issue that many people (not just teenagers) face. Recently, I began a Coursera module on happiness/well being. As I did a couple surveys at the start of the module, I couldn't help but take note that many questions focused on self esteem. You may be interested to see what the module focuses on: https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being/home/welcome

    I hope we can address some of your concerns as they relate to communication during this module.

    ReplyDelete